You can recycle rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries, printer cartridges,and cell phones in the entrance lobby at City Hall.
Please remember to tape the contacts on 9 volt batteries with the electrical tape provided to ensure they don't overheat in the bins.
City of Saline Commercial Collection Service Guidelines
Waste Management offers containerized service for commercial establishments in the City of Saline for a monthly fee. Two through eight cubic yard containers are available with up to six days per week service if needed. Large roll off container are also available for a fee. Please contact WM at 1-800-796-9696 for pricing.
Convenient 96-gallon Curb Carts are available for trash only. Commercial businesses can rent a cart for about $18.00 per year.
Extra pick-ups are available for a fee. Please contact Waste Management to schedule a pick up 1 business day in advance. Contact Customer Service at 1-800-796-9696 for more information
If a holiday falls on a weekday, service will be one day later than normal. Holidays observed are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Do you experience illegal dumping in your dumpster? Lockable containers are available for $120 per container, one time fee. WM provides the lock bar system on the container. The business supplies the pad lock. WM does not need a key to dump the container.
The following items are NOT allowed in the dumpsters or carts:
- Batteries (Auto and Small Device
- Chemical Products
- Construction Debris
- Florescent Tubes
- Hazardous Waste
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Tires/Car Parts
- Paint and Thinners
Call the Washtenaw Home Toxics Reduction Center at 734-222-3950 for proper disposal.
Special Pick Ups
Special pick up items must be paid for in advance. Household type (freon free) bulk items, furniture cost $10 per item.
Freon items cost $35.00
No commercial grade appliances.
Call Waste Management to pre-pay and schedule the collection at
Be “Green” & Save Green Backs By Donating Your Reusable Large Item To The Salvation Army Or Purple Heart
Safety For Your Property and Waste Management Driver:
- Maintain clear and safe access to the container.
- Make sure the container is in an open or well-lit area.
- Overhead clearance must be a minimum of 14 feet.
Avoiding Delay of Service:
- Ensure no vehicles are parked in front or on the sides of the container.
- Please have gates or access containers unlocked for service.
- Keep container clear of snow and ice.
Keep the City and your property clean:
- To avoid spillage, container lids and side doors should be closed.
- If you have additional material, do not stack on top of or next to container.
- Do not over load the container. To avoid spillage while dumping, all waste must be contained in the dumpster.
Customer Service Information:
Waste Management 1-800-796-9696
City of Saline 734-429-5624