The Saline Environmental Commission has created a new program to help Saline businesses improve their carbon footprint and reduce their energy costs. The new program Lend-a-light provides business owners with LED bulbs they can try in their own system to see how the light works with their dimmers and if the light color and quality will work in their system. Use the SalineBeGreen Lighting calculator to estimate your savings.
LED lighting offers:
- Lifetime 2 1/2 times longer than incandescent
- Reduced energy consumption equal to 1/6 the energy used by incandescent and 1/2 the energy used by florescent bulbs.
- LED's are easier to use in commercial dimming systems
- Light color (or temperature) is available for most types of lighting
- LED's reduce the heating load on commercial buildings over incandescent bulbs.
- Lighting costs for some businesses can be as much as 1/2 the energy bill.
Saline Lend-a-Light Success Stories:
- Brecon Grill - 73 incandescent bulbs changed to LED's for over $250/month savings
- Saline Methodist Church - 20 lights under test
- Mangiamo Grill - light bulbs under test